Thursday, April 03, 2008

So today we received more spring showers which I know has had a hand in the green grass that is poking through the brown soil. I must position this rainy day positively, for it was my day off and I was hoping for sunshine! I got to sleep in this morning thanks to Heath getting the kids up and out the door quietly. It was needed I tell you that!
Got up to a quiet house and drank my morning coffee while watching my new favorite show, Ghost Hunters. I have always liked the show but never made a habit out of watching it. Unfortunately now that I work the later shift at work, I miss the show but thanks to TIVO, I get to watch it the next morning! I also got to watch the re-run episodes of Deadliest Catch with Heath as we gear up for the new season set to start April 15th! We are both so excited this is OUR show! This year though there is rumor that one more person we know will be added to the show, Eddie from AP!
So after watching my shows and surfing the web I realized I had not accomplished much, which was fine by me! The rain did finally stop by the time I went to pick the kids up so at least they got to enjoy part of the day!
Hunter has created a new sport, or so he thought anyways! My uncle brought over a couple pairs of roller blades and Hunter has been learning to skate. The other night my uncle was getting out of his car when Hunter informed him he was playing a game he had just made up. He had gotten a stick from the yard and a lid from a jar and was hitting it around the pavement while skating! It was hard for my uncle to inform him that the concept had already been discovered! He was so proud of himself! So my cousin who has grown up playing hockey is going to come over and teach Hunter how to play!
His birthday is also coming up and we are having serious discussions about what to get him. The last big purchase made for him was a flop (I think he has tried his baseball mitt on twice but at least we got Heather into it!) so we want to make sure it is cool! I had thought about getting him a Nintendo DS because he does like to play Heather's, but would he really play it enough to warrant buying another one? He does like transformers A LOT right now but he has a bunch of those. Not sure.
Heather on the other hand has been enjoying playing softball and with Heath's coaching she has improved tremendously! I think if the weather is nice Heath and my uncle were planning on going to watch a baseball game and I am going to talk them into taking Heather with them! She has already beat the first game we bought for her DS and I think she is close to beating the second! I ma just glad that the weather has been nice enough for them to play outside and get out of the house!
All three of them have already been snake hunting! Heath saw one two weeks ago while walking to pick the kids up and now the hunt is on!
Well I am going to say good night to all. I will post some more pictures as soon as I get some nice weather! I have some of Heather and Heath playing catch but I have not put them on the computer yet!

2 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

SNAKE HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There has to be something better to do than "hunt snakes"! Why don't we all go skunk hunting, I hear they make great pets and if they do bite you, they can't kill you, unless they have rabies! Our weather has been very similar to yours in temps and rain, except we have not seen any of those 55+ degree days. Got a suggestion for a birthday gift for Butch that he would love, educational, and something that he would probably keep into his adulthood. How about an old style Red Ryder BB gun. Before you shriek with terror, he has to treat it just like he treated my shotguns, only with permission and in the presense of his dad or mom. He knows how and that you are suppose to check to see if a gun is loaded before he handles it, and should never point it at anyone. Set him up a little penetrating (sandbag or straw) target with paper targets and again in presense of an adult, let him squeeze off a few shots. When he would stay with us, he would ask from time to time if you could look at one of my guns, more often than not I would tell him later and he would patiently wait. I would then let him select the gun, he learned to follow all the safety measures in handling it, once that was completed, I would let him shoulder it and sight down the barrell. With supervision and undertanding that he would not handle it without parental supervision, it would not only be a great training device but one that he would take care of and teach him responsibility. Just a thought. Let him know that I am making plans to get started building my "fishing shed" and could sure use some help in the construction. We built the gazebo and it is still standing! Never forget the morning that I asked him if he was going to go work with me on that construction, he ran into the bedroom and came out wearing the tie I had given to him. I asked him why he was wearing a tie if he was going to go to work, his reply was "today, I want to be the boss". He was and we had a lot of breaks! Talk with you later.

Golden Granny said...

What a great diary you're going to have in time with your blogs. Keep up the good work. I'm so glad you share the kids' antics as well as yours and Heaths. I like Stan's thinking on a bb gun for Hunter as long as proper supervision is provided. I have know better ideas. Good luck!