Wednesday, April 23, 2008

So I came home from work sick, again! I knew karma would get me back for taking a sick day for the game. Luckily I still have paid personal days! Came home and went to bed for most of the day!
We went to Kansas on Sunday just to say we had been there. The weather was still in the high seventies to low eighties and even the strong breeze did nothing to relieve us! The one who suffered the most was poor Koda who must have drooled a gallon of drool in my car!
We have some pictures I will post tomorrow but tonight I am just too tired and I have no energy.
Talked with the landlord also today, although he called and woke me up from a sound sleep so the conversation is kind of fuzzy. Either he is mailing the keys to us or someone is going to drop them off. Either way we are still waiting on him so we can get in there and start remodeling. That has to be done before we can move in!
I also just finished reading a good book, it is called the "TIME BANDIT: Two Brothers, the Bearing Sea and One of the World's Deadliest Jobs" Supposedly it was written by Andy and Jonathan, and while it was an excellent read, I just wonder just how much was written by them! If it was written by them then they both are more eloquent with words than i would have thought!
Well I am going to bed, my tummy is rumbling and the fever is coming back. I can just lay here and hope it passes quickly!

5 comments:

john r mclay said...

your sickness isn't "blogtagious" is it? keep it to yourself and get better.

Princess Sarah said...

Hey hope you are feeling better today... I cant wait till you get inside! I want to see more pictures of that house! Love ya

Stan Harrington said...

Discover Channel is doing a good job show casing Alaska, first "Deadliest Catch", now a survival progrm which is really hilarious bordering on dumb! You had best get to feeling better, lot of housework coming up. I think I need to go to a workout centyer and tone up - after sitting, playing poker and blogging all winter, finding some muscles that are not at their peak when it comes to physical labor. sure glad I taught Dutch to bring my shoes to me, now if I would just train him to hold them for me while I put them on.

real eyez said...

Luckily it is not contagious through blogger, but not to sure about in person. I hold no ill will against Heath for he had it first. I just feel bad because we chalked it up to heat stroke when he had it. My only hope hope is it misses the kids!

Anonymous said...

What is "heat stroke", that is something that is not covered in Alaska Medical Books. We know "frostbite", "hypothermia",
"freezing to death", "blue toes", "black toes" but anything to do with heat is not metntion except to apply heat if you are frostbitten.