Friday, April 11, 2008

So the rain has poured for that last few days but I guess I should feel lucky for a couple of reasons. The surrounding towns were covered in several inches of snow knocking out power and closing most roads. It also seems that it this miserable weather is not going to last. It is fore casted that it will be 60 by Sunday and only up from there. I know that the rain is necessary but it does nothing to help my dreary mood.
I had today off and I got to sit and watch Best of Season III of Deadliest Catch with Heath. Heath and I have researched it and it does appear that Eddie Uwekoolani has made it to the big time with the Hillstrands and Russell Newberry for the fourth season. Kind of weird being able to say "I know that guy!" I guess it has to be more weird for my brother in law who not only has worked that profession but also knows all those guys before the show!
Anyways I have got everyone at work hooked on it while we work out in the gym. It has been my motivation during the week to go work out, I get to watch the reruns!
I think in a small way it has played a part in my current homesickness, just to see that beautiful landscape.
Well as far as working out is going I am not seeing the scale go down much but I feel a lot better physically and the last couple of days I have really kicked but with both the elliptical and weights! I just need to remember it is not always about the scale but feeling good. Because of recent events I am going to get into boxing. I think it would do good to release some frustration and learn how to defend myself.
I am also going to start doing Pilates to start strengthening my core and getting my stomach and back into shape.
On the down side I have been working my leg out and it seems to get better for a couple of days but then goes back to hurting. I have not gotten it back even to the point of going a couple of weeks which is really funny, how I miss those days, and to think I used to complain!
Oh well they did say it could take several months so all I can do is keeping working on it!
Well it is past my bed time so I will say goodnight to all and hopefully I will have nice weather on Sunday to take some pictures!

4 comments:

john r mclay said...

Most people don't believe that I know a lot of those guys on "Deadliest Catch".
Rain would have a lot of people in LA excited. The recent snowfall has had a lot of impact on attitudes here - not to mention the impact(s) on cars. This month - so far - is the 7th snowiest April on record and the month isn't half over. All but about an inch of the white stuff has melted off and has been a good "wash" for streets. Clear sky today could mean we'll see over 50 degrees, though. This will mean more to me in May...

Stan Harrington said...

I saw Eddie when hge came in from fishing and he gave me some background on how it all works as well as some good side stories. Not surprisngly, he fell into a little trouble in Dutch with the local police deparmtnet and had to be bailed out, don't think it will make the show. Been watchng that storm moving across the plains wondering if you were getting any of it, looked like most of it went to the north of you. I remember one day in Alaska several years ago that it got up to 60 degrees! As a hint, never visit Anchroage in April, it snows and those folks do not know how to drive in the snow.

Stan Harrington said...

Thought you might enjoy this tidbit. Just checked my weather for today: "Most sunny, highs in the 30's" ~ we got a heat wave!

real eyez said...

I would be surprised if him getting bailed out DID NOT make the show! The last guy they had on the second season I think, had to be bailed out. He was also on the Timebandit, go figure! As far as your heat wave, congrats! The rain finally stopped today and we got sun for the first part of the day and then storm clouds and wind for the rest! Still learning that the weather really does change around here on a dime and I thought Alaska was bad!