Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just sneaking in some blogging time while everyone is watching wrestling (soap operas for guys)! Anyways it has been a tough last couple of days between work and the kids!
Heather has pulled her spelling grades and attitude out of their slump. She passed her last spelling test with flying colors! Yeah! She was doing it to earn back her Nintendo so she had lots of motivation. She has been working on her attitude and fighting with Hunter but the last couple of days they have both been going at it. She has been also having bits of sudden crying fits and two minutes later, she is over it! SO it looks like she is on the same CYCLE as me. This is also the time when I get "a little grumpy". Great what will Heath and Hunter do now.
I also got to answer two VERY important questions tonight, one per kid. The first was asked by Hunter and is the type of question most little boys ask or at least, think, and was of a private matter. I did tell Heath though so that he could also talk to Hunter about it, you know, man to boy! The other was asked by Heather and it involved that "special" time of the month. She had originally asked her dad but he QUICKLY told her to go talk to her mom! She was like "I have been hearing about it everywhere!" I think it was something that she was being left out of!
Work is going good, still loving it. Next week we will be done with training and moving into the next six weeks of transition. I am excited to go out and take real calls but at the same time I am really nervous! It is not so much the customer...everyone knows I like to talk...it is the fact that we will have our calls monitored to ensure proper customer service.
We just released a new calling plan and it is amazing! UNLIMITED MINUTES! No more watching your minutes!
The phones here are so nifty! I just downloaded an ESPN fishing application and it tells me the weather in Anchor Point including humidity and barometer reading. It also tells me the next weeks temps for AP and a lot, lot more!
I have now synced my email to my mobile phone and have all of my hotmail messages sent right to my phone! If you call my phone you will hear music playing instead of ringing which some people have thought was strange and have hung up.
I have been enjoying my phone and have even got Heath into texting! Nothing makes my day like him saying hi during class!
Well I am heading to bed because I can barely keep my eyes open! (oh yeah working out has been going better I have been going every morning along with eating better - we will see how it goes in a couple of weeks!)

3 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Oh, oh! It is question time, I always had a stock answer for those questions, "Go ask your mother!" You want to learn to drive, "Go Ask Your Mother!" You want money for a movie, they actually charge you to go to the movie, when I was your age they were free, "Go Ask Your Mother!" Our weather has been warmer than your weather! Your fishing report concept sounds good but you will get better news and conditions by dialing your telephone into AM620, KGTL. Last year, Cell One had my fishing report on their phones, you just dialed a number and got the same broadcast as the radio report, would Horizon be interested in contracting with me this year, I could do a "Platte River Fishing Report" "Yep, by damm those cats are biting on the Platte, ole Billy Bob went down to the creek yesterday and caught a real nice stringer full of bullheads and a dozen channel Cats in the 4 to 7 pound range. Best time to fish is right after a tornado, sometimes you can find them laying on the bank. Put a hookie on your line which is attached to your pole and heave that baby out into the river, prop it on a forked stick, pop open a can of brew and sit your butt down. Every once in awhile, throw a handful of chopped liver into the water to chum them suckers up to your bait, I have found that chunks of cubed beef, cured in the hot sun for three days makes the best bait. If'n you want to try some of that new fangled flea fishing, I would recommend going to a flea shop and getting you a egg sucking grasshopper. that is your sport fishing report for today, have a good day on the water and good luck with your fishin."

real eyez said...

Sounds great! I am still trying to talk them into putting a cell tower on your property! If Verizon got service in Alaska we could move back and get paid to do it! Maybe someday!

real eyez said...

As far as the questions you thought you were getting out of answering them! I have been telling them to ask you so they are writing them down and saving them for later!