Friday, February 01, 2008

Good morning all! Well I had a few moments to blog before it was time to hit the road so here I am with coffee in hand, blogging.
So yesterday was still cold but not as cold or windy as the day before. My coworkers or teammates as I like to call them keep laughing at me when I say it is cold, but I tell them that I did not like Alaska's cold either!
I signed up for your gym's biggest winner contest yesterday! I am so very excited! I am going now three times a week but starting next week I will have to be going four times a week! It feels good I am keeping up finally with all the sit ups and I can already FEEL a difference. So starting Monday I will be on a completely different eating plan and exercise plan to loose some weight! Although now my knee has chosen to quit bugging me and start harassing me so a trip to the doctors yesterday was scheduled and I was referred to another doctor where I will get an MRI. The doctor I saw yesterday thinks it is cartilidge damage and I am supposed to rest, elevate and Aleeve it until I get into the other doctor. So I will have to have them make an exercise routine without the running! Oh well I am sure I will have to do more sit ups!
Oh also last Monday I donated blood for the first time and I did OK! I have been meaning to but the fear of needles has caused me to stay away! Not anymore!
Yesterday we took the DISC test which is a way to learn how to adapt our behavior to those around us to better work and communicate with them. I would be excited to see what Heath ranked and how I could better our communication because of it. It has definitely made me more aware of how my behavior affects others who do not share the same behavior classification. Like someone who is classified as a C, a person who needs rules, regulations and guidelines, may not like my way of lacking guidelines or strict rules and out of the box thinking. This is teaching me ways to tone down my behavior to better work with all types and also showing them how to work with me.
I had little faith in the test when we took it because we only had to answer a little over twenty questions. When I got the results though I was shocked! They had me to a T! Some things I liked but of course there are things that I didn't and now I have to work on them!
Well time to head to work for another fun filled day! I really feel guilty about going because I have so much fun...naaaah!

4 comments:

Princess Sarah said...

Ok so you need to tell Verizon people we need one up here, so I can work for them! LOL sounds awsome dosent it? I sure miss you all and am glad to hear all is weel, and good luck on your knee and weight loss, god knows its hard! Love ya

Stan Harrington said...

If I subscribe to Verizon, do I have to have all those people following me around, especially that geeky looking guy that has a limited vocabulary of "can you hear me now"? Looks like it is warming up down there, clear up to 37 degrees! that is above freezing, you are so lucky!

real eyez said...

What those people represent is the service you will receive with nation's most reliable service.
I have been paying attention in class!
As far as that geeky looking guy, he was at the grand opening of our call center! It would have been neat to have met him.
The funny thing is they do have TEST MEN who drive around the country researching coverage!

Stan Harrington said...

I wanna be a test man, then I could drive around the country side for free - why don't you suggest that to your bosses. I have experience. Traveled almost 13,000 miles, 19 states, three Canadian provinces and posted blogs every night and never got lost. What more could they want, I would even test their phones for free if they pay for gas, meals, and lodging and an occasional Dog Spa night for Dutch.