Sunday, March 02, 2008

Wow, it has been awhile! I started a post last weekend but never got a chance to post it due to working all week. This Saturday morning finds me still in my PJ's sipping my cup of coffee. For now anyways because it is so beautiful and warm right now it is calling me outside!
So last weekend the temperatures rose and we headed to the park for a picnic and to play with the dogs. Koda is getting better about wanting to eat the other dogs on the trails, now he only tries to eat the little ones! Joking! Elvis on the other hand, despite my doubts, has taken very well to the leash training and now even sits every time I stop. His thing was he liked to pull so hard you could not control him and he was never walked before so he would just go nuts. We actually took him on his first walk since he was born early this winter.
Once at the park we found we were not the only people who had decided to come out and play. The park was packed. Even the kids did not want to play because there were to many people so we decided to find some where quiet to eat our lunch and let the dogs run a little. While every place we found had no snow covering the ground it was however still soggy. We did find this amazing little spot that was a slight hill and so it was dry. The grass was perfect, maybe thinking back a little to perfect. We set down to eat our lunch when Heath notices the sign marking which hole on the green we were at! We had been eating our lunch on the golf course and had no clue! We got out of there quickly!
We did find a place to eat our lunch and then it was time to head home. The weather was so nice we did not have to wear our jackets and were sweating by the time we got home.
So the week flew by for me. This was my last week of training and all week we have been taking real calls in our classroom. My first call was really scaring but I had all good calls so it was easy for me. So starting Monday I am going into transition and will start 12-9pm. This allows for a little pressure to be lifted off Heath as I can now get the kids ready for school and take them to school.
I have learned a few things over the last couple of days. Patience can really pay off! A couple of weeks ago I got financing to get into a 2002 KIA four door car. The payments would have been around 250 and would have been for at least three years. The child in me wanted that car. Heath and I talked about it and we decided not to get the car. I was a little sad but understood where he was coming from. He did not want a long term payment and he was right. After a couple of days I felt better about our decision and moved on. Heath had just bought his new car from his coworker for four hundred dollars to get to and from work. It is a 1993 Pontiac Bonneville that back in its day was the top of the line. It has seen some use but all in all it is a good work car! We found out that my schedule would definitely change and I was out of a way to get to work. My grandma then suggested I go down to the car dealer where she had bought her last two cars from. I went down and found my new car. It is a 1998 Mitsubishi Mirage four door, four cylinder . They were asking 2295 for it. I did a small loan with cash down, and in FEW months will have it paid off if I pay just the minimum payments. It is a clean little car which Heath has fondly named the "turd" (it really isn't that slow!) and when I brag about my gas mileage he says that all LAWNMOWERS get good gas mileage! We will see what he says about it when he needs to fill up again and my car still has half a tank!
The other thing I have been patient on is a house. I have wanted the one across the street but have been unable to get a hold of the owner because of an accident he was in. Finally yesterday we got a hold of him and it looks like we will be moving in in about a month! The guy is really nice and willing to work with us and the rent is amazing for the house. It is a two story 4 bedroom house for 750. It is also nice because it keeps the kids really close to their school. I am supposed to meet the guy today and get to look around inside the house! I am so very excited!
It is a good feeling knowing everything is working out finally. We have the jobs with excellent pay, we both have good cars now and soon our own house! It was really nice to go to bed last night knowing it was all falling into place.
So yesterday was spent driving the new cars around, you know testing them out, and again due to the the temps being in the high sixties we headed for the parks again to be disappointed. They were all packed (welcome to the big city). We have this cool little navigation program on our phones (just like having a Garmin, Tom Tom and yes a Susie we can change her voice but Heath swears they all sound the same, a women telling him how to drive!)
So we typed in a search for parks and found a quiet little park just down the road and we headed that way. The dogs were happy to get out and run if only for a minute and the kids climbed the huge trees. Well Hunter climbed the trees while Heather tried but was to scared. We have have footage of this and I am torn on if I should post it or not. It is quite funny! Well they enjoyed themselves despite the issue with the tree and even stopped to let me take pictures of them together!This is my son with the sticker from my car. He was being "SPECIAL"!

This picture is hard to explain. Lets just say she won't just be grabbing Heath's drinks with out asking again. I just happen to be trying to get them to take a picture together and got this shot! Heath was drinking a beer with tomato juice in it!
Well that is all for now I am going to throw on some clothes takes some tylenol for this head cold and go outdoors! It is 10 am and already in the high fifties! I am going to enjoy this



4 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Congratulations on the new cars, now you can get out and explore. A few miles west of you and I am sure you can find a lot of large parks in the small towns and no people. Cracked me up about your picnic spot on the golf course, it would make a nice park to picnic and play in but those little flying white balls may sting a little if you are hit. On your picnics, you may also want to be aware of other little holes in the ground, rattlers love to hide in little holes! I never stopped at any roadside park on our trip that I did not scout out the area that Dutch and I were walking for snakes - hate snakes! You two days of hot weather is aboput to come to an end - colder tempps hitting you today and tomorrow, but still warmer than us. thanks for allthe pictures, enjoy seeing them.

Princess Sarah said...

Awsome cars both of them...although I like yours better. LOL Good to hear you are finding those "special" places to go to. I miss you and hope you have a great day

Golden Granny said...

I hope I will ve able to comment. Dad supposedly fixed me up. So here goes- I really love seeing your pictures! I'm just a bit jealous of your warmer weather. Great cars! I am so glad for you both. I hate that you're so far away but so happy for you and that everything is maybe falling into place. Love you guys! Mom

real eyez said...

Thanks for the posts! As far as the rattlers there are signs posted everywhere. We thought them funny on our drive down because they were covered by lots of snow. Now we realize the seriousness of them.
As far as everything falling into place, we are taking it one day at time. Not taking more than we can handle has helped tremendously. It is humbling when you loose everything . As far as the kids they are also torn. Everything here is so new and exciting but they miss everything and everyone back home. We all still call ourselves Alaskans can't really get used to being called Nebraskans. I will be posting more pictures tonight so watch for it.