Saturday, February 09, 2008

So here is the high light of my week.
As my kids grow I constantly wonder what kind of people they will become and how will they treat others.
The story starts a couple of days ago when we awoke to find that a light mist had fallen and then frozen all over town. Everything was covered in a slick sheet of ice. That same morning Heather was kept home due to a cough and while Heath stayed home with her, my Grandma and Hunter walked to school. A few blocks from the house my grandma who had a little while back undergone hip surgery, slid and almost fell. Hunter reached for her hand and very seriously said "Grandma, now you wait right here. I am going to go home and grab Dad. Are you going to be ok?" My Grandma said he was so sweet and caring. He was such a gentleman. He then ran home and got Heath.
When this story was retold to me, I smiled and knew he was turning out OK.
Well I received my first paycheck and as a celebration I took my uncle, Heath and the kids to dinner. The waitress was a blond with a deep southern accent and blue eyes. Well Hunter took to her right away as it seems he has a thing for blonds. She was really nice and when she would walk buy she would give Hunter a high five. Hunter thought this was especially cool so he asked Heath and I if he could give her a tip! We thought this was cute so we said sure and we sipped our coffee as Hunter waited for her to come back by.
When she finally did he held up his five dollars and told her "Get yourself something nice." We were all so shocked that we did not know what to say, all we could do was laugh. We explained to the waitress that we did NOT tell him to say that and we had no clue where he had gotten it from! He then adds "I'm big daddy, that's why!" The waitress took it really well, saying she had a little boy of her own so she understood. It could have only been worse if he slapped her on the butt and called her toots! Hunter said she was beautiful but that he did not want to marry her. Heather told him that he should at least buy her chocolates and flowers!
Ahhhhh....kids!

1 comment:

Stan Harrington said...

Those were two great stories, I am so proud of him on both occasions. Always watch out for the older folks and keep an eye on those blonds! There is surely nothing wrong with setting your goals high, even when it comes to making a pass but it may not be as it seems. Blond, blue eyed ladies will normally have blond, blue eyed girls his age! Good thinking Stanley! High five on both of your good deeds! Great stories and let him know his grand dad is very proud of him.