Saturday, September 06, 2008

Well we have anoter member added to our family. His name is Buddy and he is a one year old ferret. We adopted him fro the humaine society fo Heather. It was almost like it was meant to be. At the same time we were sitting at the shelter I was surfing craigslist from my blackberry and found a cage and all the accessories for 35.00 dollars. By the time we brought Buddy home we were able to go get his cage. The people we bought the cage from even gave us a book on first time ferret owners. He is really well behaved and loves the kids. He is a little sneaky though and though he is able to run the house we have to watch to make sure he does not go under the bedroom doors and under appliances. I am especially surprised at his intelligence and curiosity and he can be damn determined. He went for his first walk with Heather and Heath while they waited to pick me up from work. He has a little harness and even has tags. In order to get him we had to license the cats and dog which is the first time in our history that our animals have been completely legal! I was surprised at the long process to adopt him. It took at least an hour and you had to go through an interview process. I think it is good. Insurance that the animals adopted are not returned or abused.
He has put a smile on Heather's face so he was worth the money and the time!
Well I am going to go and relax. As soon as I am able to connect with my laptop I will post pictures of him!

3 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Every once in awhile I call Hunter, "Buddy", does this mean I will be calling a ferret? I can just picture "BNuddy" playing with all pets thaty inhabit the Hole In the Wall, that hsould prove interesting. Sporry, Heath but a smile just happened to pop out when I pictured you walking "Buddy" down the street on a leash, do you carry a "pooper scooper" also. I hope Heather enjoys her new "Buddy", still think you should get Butch a de-fumed skunk!

Stan Harrington said...

Have not had time to check the football scores lately, How did the Kansas City Chiefs do this weekend? Oh, I know, since the Denver Bronco's is the only team in that divison that won their game Denver 41 Raiders 14

john r mclay said...

Ferrets are a bunch of fun. An old friend used to have a ferret -"Suzie"- that chewed lamp cords in two. She left us in the dark once and all we heard was a quivered squeal and the critter bolting from the darkness to her cage.
They love tunnels, tubes and hammocks.