Friday, September 05, 2008

Anoher Quick Note

So the weekend is almot here. We are fully moved into our new house adn SO glad to be out of the old house. The water was never turned in the old house and now we are taking our old landlord to court for the rent. The new house is pretty and has rooms for everyone. I think my favorite thing is the hardwood floors. I also love my kids having friends they paly with right in there neighborhood. They are all good kids I just wonder in the back of my mind as they are at my house for hours, where are thier parents?
We have a big family party tonight and Heath is making enchaladas and I wonder if he can compete with the ones made by Terry. I am sure they will be fine!
So I think fall is here. We had rain the end of last week and it seems that since then the weather has gotten colder and 90 has turned to 70.
Had a long talk with Hunter's teacher the other day. Seems he is having trouble focusing in class so we talk about ways to get him engaged in class. I was very happy that she was proactive and it wasn't about putting him on medication which seems to be teacher's first step these days. We also talked with Hunter about why he was not focussing and he says he gets bored. We agreed that when he is starting to get bored he needs to tell his teacher that he needs something to do. I am just glad agian that se is willing to work with us!
SO other than that things have been rolling along. I have been working overtime at work to make up for the cut in pay due to the fact that I no longer work the late shift and make that extra pay. Oh well it is worth it due to the fact that I am home at 730 and able to eat dinner and help get the kids ready for bed and ready for school.
Well I am gonna go!

1 comment:

Stan Harrington said...

Golly two blogs and I missed them until now! Egverything is gfine in the north, the feel of fall is in the air and leaves are starting to turn color, any day now we will hear the geese and the cranes overhead, headed south. Work still goes on with the cabins, but after this weekend, we should be into the trim work. As you well know, Hunter is active and always has to have something going on to occupy his thoughts. He is a smart kid and not much goes on around him that goes not catch his attention and filed away. He may not even indicate that he absorbed it until a few days later he mentions it again. I saw this in him the summer that he help me build the gazebo, he retained a lot more than you realized until a few days later. I was tickled about his first real fist fight, all little boys go through that. They have to test themselves. Tell Heath, good luck witht he enchiladas, I won'ty have any for dinner tonight but I guess the freshly baked bread pudding with off set the deficit. Take care and hugs to all.