Friday, September 26, 2008

Just rambling.....

Went for a walk through the neighborhood last night. It was quite a sight with two ferrets in tow. We adopted another one and her name is Missy. She is a pure white ferret and we know now she is also deaf. After doing some research on deaf ferrets we found that the white is the most desired color but they have a high chance of being born deaf or becoming deaf. This also leads to them being biters, which she is. We now have to "scruff" her and then rub her belly across the floor then put her a time out cage. The popular nose thumping we were advised on is NOT recommended and we believe because of her attitude it was used before.
She is learning and even starting to socialize better and play. Before she just would not play. Buddy is still a little sweet heart and curious as ever. Each night after the kids go to bed we shut all doors and let them both run free but we still have to watch our toes because Missy LOVES toes, especially if we have socks on.
We leash them just like cats and take them for walks or drags depending on if they smell something good and want to check it out, which is often because they are curious!
So the weather continues to be wonderful and hot, today I sat on a metal chair and since I had shorts on I burnt my thighs! I was almost tempted to go the lake but that may be pushing it! Just one more day at the lake would be awesome!
Stan there is a lady I met the other day who has completely domesticated some squirrels. She leaves the windows open and they come and go as they please. They are friendly and affectionate she says.
Well gonna go just hanging out so I need to find something to do before I get really bored!


2 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Sounds as if you are feeling better, when do you return to work? When you were out walking the ferets must have been when I called and talked to Heath, he said that all of you were walking Buddy and Missy. If Buddy and Missy come otthe HITW, Missy should make good friends with the weiner dog that has a hearing disability. Maybe they can learn to "sign". For a change, thank god we had a beautiful fall day. It felt to so good to be outside and feel the warmth of the sun again, it has been so cloudy, misty, rainy ~ now looking for a good frost tonight. I bet the oak trees down there have started turning color. Our colors are coming on real nice, drove to Kenai last night and it was beautiful.

real eyez said...

The trees are all still green but will start changing over the next month. I bragged a little too much cause the forecast for the rest of the fall is nothing over 60! Time to start pulling out the sweaters! As far as work I return Monday, I went back for part of a day but was loosing my voice after an hour!