Monday, September 22, 2008

So we did our call back today for Heather's audition. They picked her saying they want her for commercial print and acting. The talent scout said that she has such an exoctic face and is very photogenic. She has to start classes tonight and will have her first real audition in two weeks. Heather is so going to be so excited when she finds out. We talked about her wanting to do this and she really wants to. I guess I feel kind of guilty because I did not know she wanted do anything like this. I am just hoping this will improve Heather's self confidence and shyness.
I am impressed with the company so far. They have strict requirements for the kids and school, they have to keep a 4.0 grade point average in school and good attendance.
The one downside is we do have to pay for acting/modeling classes so we will have to see what we figure out. I wish the dividends were here!!!!

2 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

I bet she will be excited, you may want to look at the cost of classes and the hidden costs for photogrpahs,, etc. Make sure you know what the cost is up front and it is not just a talent agency scam to put all of their photos, tapes and interviews into their file system and hold on to them in the vent a comapny calls them for a particular type of individual. Normally when a company is looking for a model or someone to have a part in a commercial, the comapnay will sit down with a talent agency, telling them what type of person they are looking for. Then the talent agency breaks out their files and lets the company review the"mug shots", selecting those that they want to interview. That is why I got a call back for the Pepsi (Sierra Mist) Commercial, the agency that had my pictures (did not cost me anything)contacted me to come to Anchorage for an audition. All the agency knew was that it was a Sierrqa Mist commercial, it had not come out on the market yet so they did not know who the company was or what the product was. All they knew is that the company was looking for a "older man" to play inthe commercial as a professor / sciencetist. Sometimes these talent searches are very similar to the book that comes out every spring "Who's Who In High School". Yu probably recall that fromyour high school, the students appearing not not in the book because of achievement in school but you enter your bioraphy and enclose a check and you get selected to be in the book. This may be a legitimate offer, but look closley at the details and contractual implications. It would be good for her if is legitimate.

real eyez said...

Have been doing the research but still looking into it further. I have interview with them and then I will ask more questions then. I know there is an upfront cost though so that is our biggest hurdle.