Sunday, September 21, 2008

I am writting on a sticky, flour covered laptop. I would have to say that I am turning into a google junkie. Anytime I want to find info on something I just type it in. The other day I heard of a concept that has totally blown my mind. Wireless Electronics! At first I though it wasa a joke but after googling it I found alot about it pretty neat topic and I higly recommend a search.
Anyways, a few days ago I decided I wanted to do a sourdough start. I have had one before and I loved it. Now there are things I like to do and things I don't. There are things that I don't like to do but have to and then there are things I like to do but don't. Example is I don't like to dishes and laundry but I have to do them. I do like to bake. When I had that last start it was so easy to just make some rolls for dinner and they were good.
While doing the search for the sourdough start I was disappointed at not getting instant results since I am not using any yeast. I searched for white bread recipes and picked the easiest one. I started my sourdough start and my white bread (1loaf and 24 rolls) and while I was waiting for it to rise I googled sticky buns since I already had most of the ingredients anyways. I found an easy recipe and with a little doubt in my head I started.
Now on complete accident I timed everything perfectly. I even had a break to eat some of Heath's leftover chili!
So while cooking Heath went to work on Hunter's bike, trying to fix a flat tire from the neighborhood kids. Could not find the puncture anywhere.
Heath left to go to the store for me and while he was gone the kid that Hunter plays with took the bike over to his yard and his dad put a new tube in it.
Just when we realized that he had done that I was pulling sticky buns out of the oven. I gave one plate to them as a think you, I could not believe they had done that.
So now the bread is beautiful looking since we have not had the heart to cut it open. I have this fear that it will turn out just like the turkey from national Lampoons Christmas Vacation (my favorite movie). I am sure it is fine and the sticky buns look amazing! Can't wait to try them....actually I think I am going to have a small piece!

No comments: