Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back In Action!

Sometimes things just work out! Over the last few months at work I have been getting awards through doing overtime, contests and work required "show its". These are awarded in dollar values which then can be turned in for gift cards. I happened to have several saved up a decided to cash them in. I chose to have them redeemed at Best Buy. Tonight I went down and was able to purchase the replacement cord for my laptop!
So I am back online and it feels good.
This last week has been busy. We have had three B-day parties and family in town, a new ferret and work. Many lessons have been learned over that last week as well.
First no matter how cool a Blackberry is it is NOT Mountain Dew proof. While trying to take the kid's soda away while eating lunch with the family I knocked mine over right on my phone. Yeah did not work so well. I got the replacement one in the mail today so all is good there. Also learned that a ferret is cool and very entertaining but VERY sneaky and persistent. Buddy is determined to get into our bedroom and the kitchen and 90% of the time he does.
I also learned that drinking is not cool. I did not learn from a personal experience but from watching my sister come home drunk and acting like an idiot. I know I do not act like that but it has made me not want to drink again. We have come to the realization that we also can not have even a bottle of wine in the fridge to enjoy with company due to the fact that one glass for us leads to a bottle of hard stuff for her. Our house will soon be a dry zone except for the bottle I will keep under my pillow to calm my irritable nerves.
This week has been long and stressful. All the overtime I worked was not applied to my check and I will have to wait till next Friday to get it. I was not the only one who was impacted by this several people did not get their over time pay. This is the first time they have made a mistake on my check so I am not upset. All the bills are paid and Bdays are over so at least that is good. So next pay day I will get not only my regular time but the owed overtime and my sales commission check so that check will look nice especially with all our bills paid.
Sat down and looked at my 401K again today, I do this time from time to make myself smile. I have invested heavily each check and my investments have done well. I have also set my % of money to go into my 401K to go up 3% every three months and I never even see it so I don't get a chance to miss it plus work matches up to 6%. At the rate I am going by the time we retire we will be set. I am not vested until year three but I do have a small amount I am able to borrow but I am not even tempted. I just like watching grow. I have even started having fantasies of what it will look like in three years and then six. OOOooohhhh!
Wish I had something more exciting to blog about but just life.
I will post pictures and video of Buddy tomorrow but I am just too tired tonight.

1 comment:

Stan Harrington said...

Glad to see you back on line, watch out for "Buddy", they love to chew on things, espeically electrical cords! Sounds as if things have been hectic for all of you but at the same time fairing well. Fall is starting to set in, although we have yet to have a frost, even missed our regular August frost but we have made up for it in the rain department. Cabins are now all dry walled, when it cools down enough not to do the outdoor chores, I will start looking for a warm secluded place to work, so I guess I will do some mud and tape artwork. Tell the kids I said "hi" and give them a hug.