Thursday, January 10, 2008

So today I am feeling pretty good. Things are finally falling into their final places and it makes me very happy.
Heath just got a job working in construction he will start Monday. They will be doing foundations and doing concrete work so he has had some experience with that. He is starting out with good pay and is "promised" even better wages if he works out. We have had jobs offer more pay in the past but he is a good worker and with the starting wage being 15 an hour he is not worried. The cool thing is his foreman lives just down the street and can give him a ride to work everyday! His main boss also told him if he worked out after the first week he would give Heath a company rig to drive. So we will see how the first week goes and at least he has a ride to work if the company rig does not work out!
As for me I will start at Verizon the 21st! Yeah! I am glad that not only did I finally get a job but the pay is not bad either.
Heather has been going to church on Sundays with my Grandma and now has joined AWANAS. She is saving up her money to buy a bible so she can have her own. This has been great for her because she is meeting other little girls her age in a great environment! I like the church she is going to and the youth pastor they have is really good with the kids. He is projecting my idea of what church should be about and has a certain kind of excitement that I think would be good for more than just the kids. I guess the older people in the church don't think so!
Hunter will join her this weekend and he is very excited about it right now but I think his attitude will change when he realizes he will have to sit still and be quiet! We will see! LOL!
School has been going good. Had more testing this week which the kids hate but I am happy about. It really has given me a way to evaluate how well they retaining the material! Heather is doing well overall but we will have have to work a little harder on her Science but I think that is more about what she wants to learn. As she put it Science is stupid and she doesn't need to learn it. I had to explain again that everything she is learning now are things she is going to need to know when she gets older. I kind of explained it like building blocks you have to have the foundation in order to build the rest of the building. She got it but she is not happy about it!
Hunter on the other hand continues to do well when he chooses to. I swear the kid is brilliant I just wish we could find a way to peak his interests because then watch out! So just recently I went online to research his snoring to see if it was related to his nosebleeds and far as I could find that they weren't. What I did find was several articles about studies done on children who snore and the connection with ADHD. I will be doing more research on that not necessarily to get him diagnosed with ADHD but to find ways that we as parents can help him before he hits junior high. Several articles also pointed out that ADHD seems to get worse for children during that period of their lives and could affect their schooling if not handled properly. I am not convinced that he actually has ADHD but it is a good to know about it for future reference. The more we know the better we can help him.
So that is about it for now!

1 comment:

Stan Harrington said...

It does sound like things are starting to fall into place, hope that it all works out well for you. Sounds as if each of you have found a decent paying job. Surprised that Heather doe snot like science, as much as she enjoys readfing about dinasaurs and dragons. Can't say I blame her though. Of course, I did not like match, english, social studies,but I did like history and political sceince!