Monday, January 21, 2008

So the first day of work is over and it was REALLY fun.
Today was our intake/information day and it was spent learning all that they had to offer to us, the employees and their customers.
I will have to say at this point I am very impressed with the company policies and benefits! They are offering everything to insure that we succeed. Examples: (This is my favorite.) Lets say the school has an in service day or a holiday. Well some one would have to watch the kids. They have supplied us with a number to call that can find us the nearest daycare of OUR choice and the company will pay for it. No money will come out of our pockets! We have 80 hours to use so just for emergencies but still really neat!
I also signed up for the gym today! I have a fitness evaluation with my trainer on Wednesday and we are going to set up a diet and exercise plan to meet my desired weight! I had to fill out a LONG form today and we are sending it back to the company health department for evaluation to see how healthy I am. I think I am in for a reality check! I am excited though to find out how I can improve my health so it will be worth it!
The other is they are pro active in our health care. They have set up a site for each employee where you can manage your finances, health and balancing your work and home life. There are so many resources designed especially for EACH employee it is amazing.
There is so much it is hard to list it all here but I am really impressed with it all so far! As far as benefits we are ALL covered as of today which will cost me a little over a thousand a year but well worth it! I am also covered by a life insurance policy, free through the company, that increases as my pay increases.
Anyways it feels pretty good!
As for the kids they have their clothes picked out and are already in bed asleep! Heather is excited because she will get to meet new friends while Hunter is not so sure he wants to go back to school. The principal told him "cool" things happen at school so he is curious as to what "cool" things he is talking about!
I will write all about their first day tomorrow!
As for Heath he worked all of last week but was off Saturday and Today due to snow and cold temps. Can't poor concrete in freezing temperatures! He seems to like it though!
Well I am heading to bed I am still getting used to getting up at 5:30...yuck! Anyone who knows me knows that is WAY early!

4 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Sounds like a good comapny to work for, at least you are getting benefits which is always nice. Been watching your weather, it is colder thre than here in balmy Anchor Point. Tell the kids that I said "Good Luck" with theirt first day. Let Hunter know that young ladies that live in the lower 48 thinks it is pretty cool when they get to meet someone from Alaska, they will have all kinds of questions. Heather does not need any encouragement, but we sih them both well and I bet they enjoy their new adventure.

Princess Sarah said...

I think you found a wonderful job. Im sure you will get used to waking up so early, I know it might take a bit, but it will happen. Good luck tomorrow, Im sure the kids will have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ytotawami.o-f.com/arotek.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin earning with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]