Saturday, February 13, 2010

Call Me Nob"Al"

Al Gore
Al Gore Pictures

As our country breaks record for the most states covered with snow in one single day (the only state left out was Hawaii), I am wondering where in the world is the melt down happening because I need a vacation!

On other news I got to thinking about my post yesterday and I thought of a few good points that I am even guilty of. When I talk about music I have my favorite female performer and my favorite male performer, even our awards ceremony breaks the two genders into separate categories. I know that when I do this I do not mean to say that a women or man cannot fairly compete against the opposite gender so there for they have to be separate, but I love seeing my favorite female singers Lita Ford, Janis Joplin, Joan Jett and P!nk just to name a few!). I have always liked the fact they are women and they can rock better than most men (or could anyways ;))
I have come to the realization that we are not yet at the point in our country or world for that matter where a person's gender or race will not be considered when speaking of what they have done or will do. Its a nice goal though!

The home front has been chugging along. The report cards have been brought home and both kids are doing really well. A few improvements over last report card. Heather Really buckled down and brought her math up and I am so proud of her she fought that battle on her own! Hunter has also turned round his reading and now he out reads his older sister! He finishes a book quicker than he can get a new one so we are always on a look out for good books. He has been reading The Diary Of A Whimpy Kid and he likes it so much he has read it more than a few times! I am ordering some older books about horses and cats for Heather so we can bump up her reading again as this is the first time in forever her grade was lower than her brother's in that area. Both kids are having the twins from across the alley (Sid and Meg) and they are going to have a Valentine's party tonight! It is kind of neat having the kids friends with twins as they all do stuff together!
Both kids got bed sets for their rooms and they look so cute! Heather moved in with Shane and now she has her room covered in posters and "girly" stuff, and now poor Shane gets to wake up to several posters of Edward Cullen! Hunter has taken over his room and now can properly display his 50+ Transformers ( I know this because he told a BUNCH yesterday)!
Both kids have been put a chore chart and now get an allowance once a week and so far it is going good. I think it really helps them see what they have to accomplish and since they can go see what they can do they can do it around their schedule. Heather is like me where she likes to do her chores in the morning Hunter on the other hand is a night owl and prefers to do his in the afternoon.
Shane has been eating cereal and fruits we started him out on prunes, squash and peas then we mix cereal into his food and he gobbles it up. We started noticing that he cried when we ate and he would want to eat to so we started to feed him as well and I have come to the realization he is a hungry boy so he eats real food three times a day. We use the Bumbo chair I mentioned earlier and what a great little invention! I just set on the floor since it is wide and has a low center of gravity and he enjoys being able to look around!
He now plays with his toys and everything goes in his mouth it is kind of neat seeing him start to really interact with us and the kids. He LOVES to stare at the kids especially if they are making lots of noise and they love watching him grow. At first he was kind of fun but he cried but now he smiles and plays with them and talks to them so no he is much more fun.
Well I am having coffee this morning with the older neighborhood ladies and my Grandma so I am off to jump in the shower and get Shane dressed.
Everyone in blog land have a great day!

3 comments:

john r mclay said...

Antarctica has been melting down - if you're looking for a vacation in thaw zone. Just be picky about which side - cause the other side is growing...

and you should REALLY never jump in the shower unless you've got those little rubber flowers for traction.

real eyez said...

Yellow ducks stickies for traction but funny you should make that comment as the other I slipped while stepping out, the darn duck's suction cups do not work very well!

Stan Harrington said...

Thanks for an update on the kids, sounds as if all is well. Really happy to hear that school grades are good and that they are reading. I have never witnessed someone take up reading as fast as Hunter did. One day he did not like reading, the next day he was reading a book a day. Spring is coming ~ you should see it a lot sooner than us. Let me know when the Geese start north.