Saturday, March 27, 2010

Been too long

I have been absent and while I wish I could say I was doing something really important but I was not.
I will hopefully breath some life back into my blog and think of something witty to write about.
Eh...maybe tomorrow.
Today I think I will keep it simple.
The kids have been home over the last week and have been bored out of their minds...seems staying home everyday in the rain is not fun! They have had a few days to play outside with the weather improving enough to get my side and back yard raked and cleaned of winter poo and trash. Looks like now just in time for the rain but I suspect when it finally stops and the sun comes out we will have a full green lawn. There are patches of green grass already but for the most part my lawn is still brown and ugly.
I have been spending the time indoors learning how to sew and it is much harder than I thought but very full filling. I have bought one used sewing machine for $20 from Craigslist then found another a few days later for free and they came with everything one would need to start! They are both older machines but the older FREE one works the best and I prefer it over the newer one. I found a lady on craigslist that was giving away free fabric and I snagged it thinking i would get maybe a few good scraps only to find yards of fleece in many colors!
I made several sleepers for Shane, a couple of blankets, a bath robe set for a friends little boy and cloth diapers. I am also working on making a few dresses and have bought some cute material for Heather who would have thought I would have to wait over eleven years for my girl to wear dresses?
Heath is back at work full swing and we have all been adjusting after a very lazy winter. He has been working mostly in Nebraska but that will change as the fields every where start to thaw.
He has found two more deer antler in Kansas to add to his "shed" collection. They were found in two different spots but they are so similar in size that they could have been from the same deer!
The kids now have them in their rooms next to their beds.
Well I am going to bed and I will try to write in the morning!

1 comment:

Stan Harrington said...

Great newsy blog! If the whitetail buck horns are big enough, perhaps we could pass them off as moose antlers on your cabin? Although we are getting much more daylight than you area, we are still a long ways from "real" spring, I envy you gus in that regard. Early spring and late fall. We have post winter and pre-winter.