Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Weird the way things work.

So this week has been weird. This is the first week with my new schedule. It has been nice to sleep in but I feel like I should be going to work. We have been taking live calls now on the call center floor where as before we were in a classroom. It is really cool because I now have my own desk! I have been nicknamed by several people at work as ALASKA and now it is written on my message board. The weirdest thing that has happened as far as calls I have taken is I got a call today from a guy that lives in Alaska! This is weird because there is no Verizon Wireless in Alaska. It was nice to talk about home.
I am now able to drop the kids off at school and it has relieved Heath of that burden, but I am not so happy about dealing with the parents also dropping their kids off. There has been this lady in a maroon mini van who has almost hit me twice and stops in the middle of the road to let her kids out (we have no parking lot for the school). I just have to remember to breath and smile. Why should I let her ruin my day, right?
Then yesterday I found out that an employee at a gas station ran my card twice, once for the purchase I had made and then another time for 35 dollars. I went in today to talk to the manager thinking it was going to be a hassle and it seems like it is not. I was so mad at first but I knew if I went in all angry they would be less inclined to help. It should be all cleared up tomorrow.
Lastly I have been helping my sister out and have been running her on errands for her probation. This has removed a huge deal of stress off her and makes things easier for her to accomplish. She has really made some good improvements in her life and I am really happy for her. I have had to come to terms with how I feel about the things that have happened to her but it was a lot easier than I thought. I guess accepting that I do not know what she was going through because I was not walking in her shoes has really opened my eyes.
Oh yeah good luck and congrats to Sarah Palin!
Well goodnight all I'm going to bed!

2 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

I was going to call you from Alaska as well and try to get phone service, but every number I tried said that the number is no longer in service and referred me to ACS. Just kidding :o)

real eyez said...

ha ha! that was funny Stan! The truth is you CAN in fact get cell service the problem lies in the fact that we do not own any towers up there so you would be running off an extended network (our term for roaming because we do not charge for roaming) and would be unable to use a few of our cool features (vznavigator, vcast mucic and mobile web). I am hoping that will change soon. I am trying to convince them that we need them up in Alaska to help compete with ACS and AT&T.