Sunday, March 09, 2008

Another Sunday morning post! Still bed with PJs and coffee and while the sun is shining through my window I know it is only a tease. It is actually chilly out there and the ground is still somewhat covered in snow still from the other night. Supposedly it is going to start to warm up and spring is on its way but I am not holding my breath. I just hope that my little car does better the next time it snows, not that it did bad this last time but it was...interesting.
So have you ever woke and thought...geez I am bored lets go to another state? Well we did yesterday! We took the kids to IHOP filled up on who cakes, green eggs and ham and special who drinks (sprite filled with chunks of blue and red Jello) and decided over this feast that we were bored and wanted to do some sight seeing. Heather said she did not care as long as she could fly her kite and well Hunter he just always goes along for the ride!
So we decided to head to Iowa! Heath had been there a couple of weeks ago for a concrete job and said it was beautiful. So we loaded up and hopped on I 80 and went to Iowa. The first cool thing it was my first time driving on an Interstate the second cool thing is it only took about an hour to drive there!
Second cool thing was paying at a toll bridge, crossing the Missouri river and then being in Iowa! We went to the park where, yes Heather got to fly her kite and Hunter got to climb his tree. We also got see a strange sight in someone's back yard. A water slide that lead to their huge outdoor swimming pool! Way cool!
Heath and I had our eyes to the ditches to see possums and skunks but the only ones we saw were already dead. We did get to see a raccoon the other night going through someone's trash, and he was so cute. He was not afraid of us and continued to eat his trash as we sat five feet from him. I have decided I want to find a baby and keep him! I wonder if they let you do that!
On our drive home yesterday we did get to see the most spectacular sunset. The sun was SO HUGE it was almost overwhelming.
Today Heather and I will be going to pick out her outfit for Easter and picking up a baseball mitts for Heath and Hunter. The kid has such a good arm and good aim Heath wants to work with him. Maybe I should look into getting him in to a summer program.
My tickets for Jeff Dunham finally showed up yesterday, nothing like cutting it close! I ordered them two and a half weeks ago! So we will be going to see him tonight, well at least from a distance. The seats are far away and up high so we will see!
Well that is it for now I need to start getting ready to take off! I will post pictures later. For some reason it is not working. Sucks, but I will put them up I promise!

2 comments:

Princess Sarah said...

Cant wait to see the pictures...Hope your night goes great! I miss the states, getting to go to another state in one hour...how cool

Stan Harrington said...

The advantage of living in the lower 48, a few hours you can be in a number of states. When we lived in Durango, in less than an hour we could be in four states at the same time! I went to Homer yesterday, did nto hav eany toll bridge but did get to pay 6% sales tax. I love Ihop, they put out a good brekfast. Maybe this summer, depending on time and gas money you can drive further into Iowa and see the "Covered Bridges", I have never seen them but it is on my "bucket list". Glad to hear that Hunter is getting an interest in the round ball, it would be great to get him into some type of little league. A little far for Grnasdpa and Grandma to attend his games, but that is what videos are for. Give all hugs from us.