Friday, October 12, 2007

Falling into Winter

Why is it that as the trees seem to be shedding their layers, I am piling mine on?
The days of being hot and leaving the door open are gone and now the muddy spot in front of my steps has now froze dry. I wish I could say where did the summer go but I am not that silly. A lot has happened over this last Alaskan summer and I am almost craving the slowdown of a winter routine.
One last hurdle must be jumped before winter really sets in. We have been given notice to move now that the landlord has found a buyer and needs to make repairs to the house. We were already searching for places so it is not going to be that hard. There is a lot of places near this same area so the kids won't have to move schools.
I have done some searching all over to just compare prices and found some really interesting possibilities. We have even compared housing and job opportunities all over the United States and found some really amazing opportunities.
With dividends coming up what a perfect time to really put them toward something important!

The kids have been excited about coming home from school each day and reading about The Grandparents and their travels! They needed some explanations though when Grandpa started talking about loving some girl named Suzie!
The kids want more pictures though!

Oh and special Congratulations are in order for my little girl!
She keeps testing higher and higher in reading and is now several levels above her class. She is reading her first Steven King book called Eyes of the Dragon. I have already read it and it is not a typical King kind of story and she is really proud that she is reading it. I look at her and she has the hunger for whats on the next page and it makes me smile. I remember when my mom opened the door of reading for me and for that I will always be grateful!

Butch is improving with his reading and he is also gaining some more confidence with reading aloud. He has also been working hard on completing his homework. I sat down and had this huge conversation with him explaining that in order to move to the second grade he had to do all his homework and that if he didn't, they might keep him in first grade again because homework was so important. He looked at me and said "I don't care I like first grade!". Well we made him do his homework anyways. The other day he comes home with this new attitude about how getting his work done and turned in was so important. When I asked him about what changed his mind, he told me that if he didn't get his homework done his teacher would not let him go outside for recess!
I guess he just had to be threatened with the right thing!
Well that is all for now. I will have my eye on the sky for snow because I know that it is not far now for us on the South Side.

2 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Will try to keep it going daily, having a great timeand put two pictures on the blog tonight for Heather. GTell them to keep doing in school, they don't want to turn out to be dummy like their grandpa. Miss everyone.

real eyez said...

Will do! I will pull your site up now and show them!