Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Who wants to be a Roadie?

Who Wants to be a Roadie?

When it comes to daily rituals, I have just a few. One of my morning rituals is pouring a nice cup of coffee and turn on the radio, if it is not already still on from the night before. I open myspace, blogger and my flickr account and surf, listen and drink those few quiet moments of morning.
I have been listening faithfully every not only because the guys on 106.5 KWHL are extremely hilarious, but because I have also entered several contests to win free stuff.
Well the other morning I was listening, but surfing the web at the same time, so I was only half listening when this ad for wanting to be a roadie for a day came on.
I went online and sent KWHL my email and phone number. I thought,what the heck, that would be pretty cool.
I mean I think it would be cool to be a fake roadie, I am sure I would get to meet the band!
I got an email from Jen, the production manager at KWHL, asking me if I could be available August 24th from 6 to 10 am. I replied that I could probably work something out, but I was curious as to what I was going in for. Anyone who listens to the Bob and Mark know that they have pulled some crazy stuff on their show.
Well she called me today to make sure I was going to show up. She couldn't tell me much (that would be no fun!) but I got that I will be competing against other people to be a roadie for a day.
So now I must brush up on my Megadeth trivia, because I am not sure if they will ask questions or if they will have us do something else. I hoping for the questions!
Anybody got any ideas what kind of clothes roadies wear? I was thinking something dark and sort of hair bandish. I dunno.
Well tune in August 24th, you just might get a laugh or two!

3 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

What is a Roadie? Steet Walker, I know, Lot Lizard I know, but what is a Roadie?

Princess Sarah said...

Sounds sooo cool. Good luck to whatever they do with you and I will listen!

real eyez said...

A roadie is someone who travels with the band and unloads and loads vans and equipment. They also are responsible for sound checks and making sure everything runs smoothly during a concert You are probably thinking of a GROUPIE a term that was given to mostly women who traveled with the bands offering sex and drugs to the band in order to "hang out".