Friday, August 24, 2007

Megadeth Roadie...
Hmm...I could do that. That really wasn't the question I should have been asking myself when I sent an email to KWHL 106.5 to enter the drawing. They asked anyone who wanted to be a roadie for a day for Megadeth, to email them. For the small few who do not know who Megadeth is, hear is a brief history.
Megadeth was formed in 1983 and released their first album in 1985, which was later re-released due to incomplete tracks and poor recording. This was because they spent half of the money they received to record the album on drugs and alcohol.
Megadeth has released over 13 albums and over 19 singles, and between 1990 and 1997 they were nominated for 7 Grammies for best metal performance, loosing each time.
Megadeth has always added a political view to their lyrics and even were a spokesman for ROCK THE VOTE.
Over the last twenty years Megadeth has gone through different drummers and second guitarists, with the only two remaining the same Dave Mustaine and David Ellefson, until David Ellefson and Dave Mustaine retired the group in 2002. They released another album in 2005, but they are no longer together.
They have worked with several rock artists and have done several cover songs which they put on one album so their fans wouldn't have to purchase all the soundtracks they appeared on.
Several of Megadeth's albums have reached platinum status and they are still rocking.
Megadeth is considered to been one of the few bands who has lasted this long and has had such a huge influence on rock at their peak. Megadeth owes a lot of their success to their ever loyal fans.
Megadeth has offered to their fans on their latest tour a chance to be a roadie for a day. This gives the winner backstage access and a chance to meet the band.
So the question I should have asked myself was not do I want to be a roadie, but am I willing to go on Bob and Mark to win the chance. When they called me I was excited but hesitant.
When I got there this morning I was so nervous, I mean they weren't going to just hand out this pass. I knew I was going to have to earn it. I separated M&Ms, found "drugs" for the band, ate ice cream (with no spoon) and kicked ass at the trivia! All of this was to prepare me for being a roadie!
All in all it was a close competition and I think everyone did a good job! I had lots of fun and I got to see what the KWHL studio looked like.
Most importantly, I will get to meet Megadeth! How cool!

2 comments:

Princess Sarah said...

I am so excited for you! I am glad I know you your like famous now!

real eyez said...

Hey thanks for your support!