Wednesday, January 13, 2010


Frito Pie
Version One

This is a recipe that my parents sort of passed down to me.  It was onr of my faves growing up.
There are several ways to make Frito Pie and since it is easy, cheap and delicious you really can't go wrong.

Start with pre heating oven your oven to 350 degrees and get a 13x9 pan ready (I used a 13x9 to make lots because I like it best the next day for lunch but you can use what ever you have just adjust the ingredients to fit!)

You will need:

2 Onions, chopped
2 Bags of Fritos
2 Cans of refried beans
3 Cans of chili
2 Bags of cheese
Sour cream

You can really do this however you from this point but I will list how I did it.

One bag of Frito chips layered on the bottom of pan (You can use Chili Cheese Fritos or plain)
One bag of cheese
Three cans of chili spread evenly
A little over half the onions chopped
Two cans of the refied beans spread evenly
Second bag of chips covering top thoroughly
Layer second bag of cheese over chips
Then cover with remaining onions

Put it in the oven and bake for approximately 45 mins.

We used one bag of chip which was definitely not enough and we also used the original chips.

I normally make it with the chili cheese chips but it was good regardless.

By the way I like the new way to do pictures it is much easier for me.




8 comments:

john r mclay said...

I would eat it. looks good.

john r mclay said...

new way for pics?

real eyez said...

Yeah the entire picture posting process is different. I think it allows more pictures to be uploaded and it was easier to place them in the blog itself. I downloaded the new blogger post editor??? I am not sure what I did to change it.

real eyez said...

Oh and thanks! It actually was really good but next time we will add another bag of chips!
Can't wait for lunch!

Stan Harrington said...

Looks to me like it would be a good HITW Dinner ~ with margaritas!

real eyez said...

Very good idea. Now we just need a blender...

Stan Harrington said...

Got one! Thank you for keeping "Blogland" active, current, and alive.

real eyez said...

It is a good way to stay connected. *Keep looking for a short video!