Thursday, March 30, 2006

Muscles, Midnight Boat Ride and A Bonfire

I am really sorry I have written in awhile and I still haven't fixed my site so people can post.

Anyways life has been really exciting this past week, really keeping us busy. I would like to first point out that while you are all joking about mowing your lawns, we have actually got green grass-ready to mow. No joke. There is no snow aroung our house for about 20 ft. The last few days were so nice and hot I walked through town and was sweating even though I had on only a light jacket. Ha.

Wednesday was my 26th birthday, Thank you to all who sent their best wishes. The day started out very normal for us. Heath and I took my sister and Avery out to breakfast and then she watched the kids for the rest of the day so Heath and I could go fishing. As I said earlier the weather was so nice it was a perfect day.

We started out Rueger, Koda, Heath and I from the harbor and went to halibut cove lagoon and saw some really cool marine life. After exploring the lagoon we dropped our lines and tried, unsucessfully, to catch a king. We ran up the side of the beach tothe tip of Glacier spit where a few years earlier we saw an eagle's nest. I talked Heath into putting the boat on the beach and we walked to where the nest was when we were last there. We did not find the nest (it was on the ground) but we did spot two eagles near watching us (and the puppy) and I found several really pretty shells. I also got Koda leash broken and he no longer goes for drags.
While walking I discovered a bed of mucsles and decided that since we did not get a fish we would eat these instead. Heath stated that he did not like them so I was picking them up for myself. heath kept with the oat because the tide was going out. He decided he was going to leave me on the beach while I gathered and I would meet him down the beach. When I got down there, the entire beach was realy flat and covered with lots of muscles. Heath came up and told me that we needed to be quick because the tide was going out and fast. We walked back to the boat to see that it had started to go dry. I realized several things within the next two minutes. First, while boats are really easy to push while in the water, when on dry land they are not. Second, because the beach was really flat the surrounding area was pretty shallow for quite awhile and when the water decided to go out it went out fast. We were completely dry within a minute. The third thing that I came to realize yesterday as we tried to get the boat back in the water was that it is quite amazing the things you are capable of in times of trouble. Yesterday, as the boat was going dry we pushed the boat in the hopes that we could get in back into deep enough water to float. We both pushed with everything that we had. It was to late. We decided to go the beach and start afire to stay warm beside and dry my feet. We spent the next several hours gathering wood (lots of wood) and watching for the tide to turn. After it got dark we were runniong out of wood and we could no longer see the boat so we decided head back tothe boat. I was telling myself as the water lapped around the side of the boat that I was as good as home. It was not until we started moving did I start to get panicked. It was dark last night, there was no moon, and the breeze that had gone away earlier that afternoon was back. The ride home was slow and rough. I clung to the seat like it would actually do something if for some reason the boat went down. When we finally reached the harbor Iwas so thankful to be back, I felt like it was over...Then the engine died. My heart sank so much. Turns out the hose got crimped on the bench and the fuel was cuttoff, it was an easy fix and pulled into the harbor at 11:16 pm. I had a wonderful b-day with a bonfire fresh muscles amd a midnight boat ride under the stars: All with my hubby.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh look...it a comments section...took a while to find....Scarry ride.

How did you cook your muscels?