Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where do I start?
I made it back to Nebraska with no trouble at all. The only thing I kept thinking was how the hell did I make it through as sick and delirious I was on my way up? I do not remember the Minneapolis airport that much at all but on my way I realized how far I had to walk between gates.
The kids were happy to have me home and missed me very much. That night we got dressed up and went trick or treating. What an experience! It was warm enough that I was sweating with just my sweatshirt on! The kids walked around the neighbor hood and got lots of candy. It was a entirely new thing for them to go out and not have to wear a jacket! Unfortunately I realized to late that the batteries in my camera were dead so not pictures were taken. Heather was a cat again but this time we did really cool makeup and she had these foam clip on whiskers that were so cute. Hunter chose to be Bumblebee from Transformers. The out fit was cute but it made him look really skinny!
The kids made out with several pounds of candy so they had a blast. I am thinking on what to do with the remaining portions as I am getting tired of finding wrappers everywhere (Hunter).
Both kids brought home excellent report cards and I am proud of them both. Despite our struggles with Hunter he has done really well and for the most part exceeded his teacher's expectations. He has a few areas to work on focus being the main one.
Heather has again had an amazing report card. This girl works her butt off to get these grades. She was a little bummed this year with the amount of homework she has to bring home. Her books got bigger and the tests got harder.
We took them to the eye doctor and they should be receiving their new glasses on Monday! Yeah! The eye doctor said he was surprised and amazed that Heather is doing so well in school because her eyesight is so bad. She has to wear her glasses all the time so we picked an amazing pair for her. We picked out Dolce & Gabbana pink frames with silver around the glasses part. It was the first pair she picked out and she looked amazing in them! Even the lady helping us pick them out was shocked they looked so good on her. She had to shop in the womens section to get her glasses and she thought that was really cool. Hunter on the other hand did not like any of the kids glasses and it took him half an hour to pick his out. He kept wanting glasses that were way to big for him! Finally he settled on a pair of Tommy Hillfigure glasses after we convinced him they were not girl glasses!
I am a little frustrated that the last eye doctor I saw 6 months ago said Hunter's eyes were worse than Heather's and I actually paid full price for the exam. Oh well.
Heath and the kids are now finally covered fe themmy insurance. I am really relieved!
Other than that not much else is going on.
I had a bunch of doctor's appointments last week. Turns out I was pregnant. We are bummed but we have been through this before so it is nothing new. Being patient is the only thing to do.
The other day we had to buy the kids their winter jackets! It has gotten so cold here and literally over night. When I first got home it was warm enough for shorts and tank tops. Woke up a few days later and realized it was REALLY cold. YUCKY!
We have not gotten real snow yet although I did see flakes but nothing stuck. Mostly we have been hit with rain and drizzly cold weather.
Heath has been working close to home which has been nice. His boss is amazing and has tried to keep near home for a littel while. It will come to a point where he will have to go to where the work is. Hopefully not for a little while!
He still likes working for them and they were understnading of him being gone. They even gave him overtime when he only worked 40 hours this last pay period. Very nice!
Well I am going to sign off I have an entire day of being lazy ahead of me!
Ps...Terry Heather is working on a letter for you! we also are sending up other stuff as well!

3 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Good to hear from you, looking forward to seeing pictures of the kids and their new glasses. Your weather has been very similar to ours, one day it was warmer here than it was in Lincoln. We do have a skiff of snow on the ground. It was good talking with Heath on the phone a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I talked to two nieces that I have never met, perhaps someday we will have one large family reunion at the HITW with all the relatives, wonder if we can get two hundred campers into the HITW?

Golden Granny said...

Can't wait for pixs of the kids and their new glasses. Tell Heather I'm anxiously awaiting her letter :). Love you guys - take care of yourselves.

Stan Harrington said...

Watched the Christmas special that Heath called and told us about today. I had never seen him perform before but quite good and funny. From my office, I could hear Terry laughing which was a sound I had not heard in several weeks, thanks.