Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...

Yes we did put it up early this year...
Tonight we had another full Turkey dinner made by Heath and I for Heath's birthday. We had turkey, potatoes, salad, stuffing, corn, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and rolls. One of the girls I work with and her boyfriend came over and helped us eat!
The day was filled with shopping for Christmas decorations and food for dinner. I found most of the decorations at the dollar store which saved us a ton of money and the rest was found at Walmart. I have a theory that the reason we have so many "good willed"and "peace on Earth" songs is because of the crappy attitude had by most. I think those songs are played to keep people who are getting irritated at the other shoppers from going crazy.
Well it wasnt really that bad but still I am shocked that it is not even December yet and the stores are all packed.
We found our tree at WalMart for 30 bucks and Heath even got it tied on the roof of my little car! The hard part will be keeeping the ferrets and cats out of the tree!

'Tis the Season!

3 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

That is a nice tree, bet the ferrets or perhaps the two little "gremlins" will enjoy those candy canes at midnight snacks. We had a great Thanksgiving, four days of it but we surely did miss having all of you with us. Good food and good companionship. I am assuming, since you broke tradition by putting up your tree prior to December 4th, ours will be going up tomorrow, I am only assuming but a space large enough for the tree seems to be cleared in anticipation of something! As per your conversation about grouchy, rude people out shopping, I have found that the majority of the rude grouchy people are employees of the business. Lady Lynx made a good point last night, she will not shop at any store that does not say Merry Christmas. Perhaps, we should all consider that and put the emphasis back into Christmas, perhaps when I go Christmas shopping this year I will dress up like an elf!

Stan Harrington said...

Forgot, had a very young lady spend Thanksgiving with us this year, I showed her the pictures of Heather and Hunter wearing their glasses, then I showed her the picture of Hunter in his "white pajamas" that he wears in combat, her remarks were "oh that is neat", at least that is what I interpreted "he is cute" to mean.

Shana said...

now you know how the song goes..."On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...a cat in a Christmas tree....on the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me...two ferrets playing and a cat in a Christmas tree...

hehe....it would be fun to watch as long as it aint my tree....lol