Sunday, February 18, 2007

Well Saturday was spent moving and packing up the Buffalo Clan's Home. Since I have been in LA my family members have shown me many new ways of doing things, but this had to top them all.
If anyone has been to the Buffalo home you know they are a large family and have may fine possessions, well shortly after the Moose clan arrived we came to the realization that even with our diligent packing and loading we would need to hire help or we would never get the job done. After discussing several options, the female Buffalo suggested that we hire a group she had used in the past. They were fast dependable and while they were not always gentle, they were cheap. At first I was glad that we could just pay to have a group pack and load all of their belongings, that would make everyone's job a little easier.
After the crew showed up, I started having misgivings. When my sister in law said they were cheap she did not mention that they could be paid in snack food and juice.
All though they were small they really did move quite a lot, and with the fore man they had, there was not much slacking. Why he was even telling me to get to work.



By the time we left at 11:30 or so, the truck was filled with most of the large furniture and all that remained was stuff to be put in boxes. Even though I had my doubts, these little guys really can move things.

3 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Good to see a fresh posting. I had heard that you had a "good" crew inthe big move. Hey, when you want somethign done, call on the "Clan of Little People", they have the energy level and do not take beer breaks. I will have toi remember to include this "crew" on my next move. Did the "Little Poo-Pah" of the clan get to drive the big truck?

john r mclay said...

The foreman WAS ruthless and ungrateful. These midgets really DO know how to get a job done in good time! What happens to all of that energy when 14 rolls around? You need a cattle prod to get anything done!

real eyez said...

yes, I agree...the cattle prod would have been useful...could you imagine Buddy with that?