Friday, August 25, 2006

First day of School

Well Sissy has gone to her first day of school and Butch had his interview with his teacher. I can say I am completely satisfied with the school and the kid's teachers, what a big relief. Butch passed his interview with flying colors and the teacher seemed really pleased with his vocabulary and communication skills. Sissy, with some help form her auntie wolf and little cousins, was happily reading when I went and checked on her. She seemed like she was fitting in, but she still had this look like she was worried. I really hopes she blooms in this school and doesn't step back into the shadows like she did at Paul banks.
Here's a funny little side note. When Sissy was first starting school there was a devastating accident that befell a tiny kitten. I remember how I was trying to come up with excuses as my daughter retold the story of how the kitty was squished to her teacher. Today as Butch's teacher was askinghim some questions he suddenly asks her if she had watched jaws. She told him that no, she had not watched jaws because it was to scary. SO of course Butch has to go into this gruesome detail of a dead body they find in the movie. My sister, my husband and I all had to muffle our laughs as did the teacher. I did not find myself making excuses but instead found comfort in the belief that she had heard similar things probably that same day from some other overactive imagination. Few. I used to stress so much about what Sissy said. I guess I am getting Calloused!

1 comment:

Stan Harrington said...

I guess Hunter must be off to school on Monday, looking forward to some great stories, I am sure he will keep his teacher entertained! It is great that they are going to be able to go to school with their cousins. Fishng continues to be very good, fished in the middle of the afternoon yesterday with my ultralight spinning rod, had a blast and landed several silvers on it. Still no great number of Steelehad trount showing, so far Shane has hads the only Steelehad that I have actually seen. Did pick up to fresh Humpies out of the Willow Patch yesterday, looks like the silver run will exceedlastyear but they have taken the sonar counter back out ofthe river after running it for a couple of days.