Sunday, December 23, 2007

This was sent to me today on myspace by one of my friends. I had to forward it to spread the politically correct cheer!

A Politically Correct Holiday Wish

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all . . .

. . and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "AMERICA" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.)

I still believe in just saying...


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

7 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

I scratch my head and say, "would your say"? I am so tired of all this Christmas Political Correctness. It is Christmas, real simple, if a person is so rightous that they do not want to celebrate Crhistmas, that is fine but quit trying to"corrrect" a special time of the year that most of us have been celebrating since birth, and that is the celebraton of the birth of Christas - therefore it is CHISTmas. Merry Christmas to All and to All A Happy New Year!

real eyez said...

I agree! I do not ask anyone to take part in my beliefs or celebrations. Why am I being FORCED to change my beliefs to conform with theirs? I do not even blink an eye when my children are taught about other religions in school because I believe they should have understanding and respect for other's beliefs. Why are we not given the same?
At my recent job interview it was made extremely clear that we are allowed to wear religious head coverings but are not allowed to wear shirts that have any Christmas/religious images! I wonder again why these rights are granted for some but taken from others? If we are forced to accept and allow these practices can't I wear my Santa ear rings to work?
It is sad to think how things will be in another ten years. Soon Christmas will be just about the presents and not about Christ!

Heidi said...

Merry Christmas!

Stan Harrington said...

Merry Christams To All and To All A Goodnight!

real eyez said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! You are both up late! The kids wanted to call this morning to say Merry Christmas! I told them they had to wait just a little longer! It would have been 4 am your time!

Stan Harrington said...

Oh, I do not mind being awakedn at 5:00 a.m. by that litlte voice, brings back many fond memories and gettingup early, after all these years why should traditions be changed. Merry Christmas to all of you.

real eyez said...

Well you should know they wanted to call you at 7:00 our time which would make it 4 your time! They had a blast! Three different stockings and three sets of presents to open! I think it will take them a week to burn off the chocolate they have consumed today starting at 6!!
I will post pictures as soon as I get my laptop on the internet! We hope your trip went well and best wishes!