Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!




Starting early this morning we arrived at a long time family tradition of dinner at the park. This is something I do remember fondly as a kid. We would load up in the car and head to rented shelter and eat food and visit with family. Us kids would dive into the mass pile of board games and fun things to do while our parents and and family prepared the last part of the dinner and gossip.
The last two Thanksgivings I have had the pleasure to repeat one of my few favorites holiday memories as a child. Not only that I do get to share it with my children! Now I will admit that it is just a shadow of what it used to be as children have grown and family has moved.
As I look at this picture of my kids I smile and think about over twenty years ago I sat on that same fire place!
Uncle Richard and Shane



Daddy and Shane




Siblings!




1 comment:

Stan Harrington said...

I missed your Thanksgiving Blog! Sounds like you had fun and some great pictures. Glad that you were able to revive a few of your childhood memories. They are very important and especially when you re-live them with your children. In years to come, you will be surprised by how many of those traditions that they will incorporate into their lives. We once again broke tradition this year, we spent yesterday decorating the house for Christmas, including the tree ~ don't tell Heath as it is traditional that no Christmas decorations go up before his birthday. For many years we decorated on December 5th!