Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Just a thought...

I have had plenty of time to just sit and ponder. In these these time of reflection I start to think of these things I thought I would be doing and done. Some of these things were things I wanted to do for myself and some were things Heath and I have dreamed of doing. The more I thought about these things the more I started to realize I wanted and yes needed to do and really there was nothing holding me back from putting these goals and dreams down and start planning them even if they will not be something we do right away.
The one thing Heath and I have always talked about was making a road trip. When we flew into Seattle last year (that sounds so funny) and drove to Lincoln and despite the fear of being so far away and the strict time limit it was a blast! We really enjoyed ourselves. As long as the price of gas holds out it should not be too bad at least the same as flying but definitely a lot more fun.
We have been discussing the possibility of driving up to Alaska this summer.
We are thinking about the beginning of June. We are not certain yet if this is doable there are a lot things that would have to fall into place. We have always wanted to make a trip like this since we got together.
When I started thinking of the trip and the possibility of actually going I started thinking of the book I have been wanting to write and the perfect opportunity. If we go I could write the rough draft on the way there and finish on the way back.
I spoke of this book a few years back and it mostly has been a nice day dream. I honestly think the ideas I have for this book are really neat and I honestly feel if done right it would be a desired book for the entire family.
The main focus of the book will be our road trip, family and camping with a few extras thrown in.
These things are just a dream right now but we will continue to think it over and work it out. Next it will be setting goals to get where we need to be to do this and that really will be the hard part because as everyone knows we have not had a great track record for setting and obtaining our goals. If we could actually pull this off what a great reward for all our hard work!
Well thinks reading while I ramble. Leave some comments on your thoughts/suggestions!

4 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

A person must always have dreams and objectives to achieve, they sustain life. Some of these dreams will not materialize or be adjusted due to the passage of time and priorities. Goals and objectives are equally as important, again not always obtained but it gives you a focus point. I can understand and appreciate your desire to do a road trip. the one that Terry and I shared in 2007 was a super trip and I look forward to more. I love this type of travel. One recommendation I would make which we strictly adhered to, was to stay off the Interstate Highway System. Spend as much time on the secondary and state highways, then you see the real America, the small towns, farms, and life in general. The interstate is designed to move as much traffic as possible in a short period of time, we have enough rush in our lives that we cannot slow down and enjoy the natural beauty. At your location, you are fortunate because a couple of days drive from your home, you have the opportunity to visit so many areas and states, without breaking the budget. A great trip of just five days or so would be to western Colorado. You will never see such natural beauty of the Rockies and the timberline area. Also an opportunity to visit some "roots". As for writing a book, go for it! Even if the book is just for yourself, putting your thoughts and memories into a written document is very good for your mental health. Good luck.

real eyez said...

Stan thank you for the support. It is really appreciated!
As far as the book goes I have some thing I would like to talk to you about. I will send you an email!

john r mclay said...

My only suggestion - being the owner of 2 DWI's on record - is check on Canadian laws and allowances for border crossing.

http://www.gonorthwest.com/Visitor/planning/border/border.htm

My first DWI almost kept me out (black-balled) of driving in Canada back in ...'91?

real eyez said...

Will do!
Thanks for the tip!